All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionObject Relations Brief Therapy combines practical techniques with the depth of object relations theory, the wisdom of previous brief therapy writers, and, most tably, an emphasis on the unique therapeutic relationship. Often, therapists despair of doing any meaningful work in brief therapy. To this, Michael Stadter suggests the following pragmatic approach, think dynamically, address some underlying issue(s) and do what you can. Specifically, the book emphasizes the depth of understanding of human experience that comes from an object relations perspective; the insight and experiential vitality of attention to the therapeutic relationship including its real, transferential, and countertransferential elements; the impact of the psychodynamic techniques that have been carefully studied and delineated by brief therapy writers such as Davanloo, Horowitz, Malan, Strupp, and Binder; and the flexibility of an eclectic approach that thoughtfully and selectively incorporates n-psychodynamic interventions. Therapists do t have to escape managed care, according to Stadter. Rather, they need to learn how to deal with it in a way that preserves their integrity and enables them to practice the kind of healing psychotherapy they kw how to do. In today's health care climate, Object Relations Brief Therapy is a much-needed guide for committed therapists. This new paperback edition includes a preface reviewing more recent developments in the area of brief therapy.
- Author BiographyMichael Stadter, Ph.D., is a clinical psychologist and a member of the faculty and Board of Directors of the International Psychotherapy Institute. He is also Clinical Psychologist-in-Residence in the Department of Psychology at American University and is on the faculty of the Washington School of Psychiatry.
- Author(s)Michael Stadter
- PublisherJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Date of Publication13/04/2009
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLibrary of Object Relations
- Place of PublicationNorthvale NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJason Aronson Inc. Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white tables, figures
- Weight572 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.44Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $19.32Trending at AU $21.95
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.71Trending at AU $41.16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.