All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMr. Darcy had lived his life free of the vices that often ruled the hearts and minds of his contemporaries, enjoying the benefits of pride in the strength of his own virtue. He knew that if anyone had reason for confidence, he had more: his lineage was impeccable, a Cambridge graduate, a gentleman; as to integrity, blameless. Under his rule, his country estate had prospered beyond any point in its long history; every decision he made had affected hundreds of livelihoods for the good. He was a most conscientious brother, sacrificing so much for his sister's benefit. And then he took the most hourable route and gave up his plans for marriage to save a family utterly unconnected to himself. And yet, Darcy cant find peace. His world begins to unravel before his eyes as he desperately tries to regain control. Upon connecting himself to Elizabeth Bennet, his faults are laid bare before him as he fails time and again. At first he lays blame on the woman who, he is certain, contrived his destiny, but will he ever be able to see how his own pride endeavours to destroy his happiness? And will he ever discover the unmerited freedom that has eluded him throughout his life?
- Author BiographyGeorgia McCall resides in the city of Memphis, Tennessee where she practices as a registered dietitian/nutritionist. She enjoys many pleasures including jogging (the slow variety) whence she derives all of her creative ideas. The quote, Write drunk, edit sober has often been attributed to Ernest Hemmingway. While that has its own merits, Georgia must add, Write while under the influence of physical exertion. Of course, the benefits of this tack are lessened in that many of the details are lost once the writer is showered and dressed and ready to sit back at the blessed computer. But overall, most creativity stems from such activity, as an abundance of oxygen to the brain has proven its worth! Of benefit, Georgia tends to throw herself into all of her pleasures with zeal - or what some might call obsession. Nonetheless, this has the advantage when writing a book. In addition to jogging, Georgia also enjoys her many acquaintances, church family and most especially her own family. She is the mother of two delightful girls, ages fourteen and nine, who love to watch the Jane Austen movies almost as much as their mother. She also enjoys camping, visiting coffee shops, eating delicious food, music, hanging out with her steadfast friends, reading, and date nights with her husband and best friend.
- Author(s)Georgia McCall
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/07/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight757 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $30.89New
- AU $71.58New
- AU $78.99New
- AU $49.08New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.49Trending at AU $30.89
- AU $12.20Trending at AU $16.32
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $82.83
- AU $19.17Trending at AU $20.80
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.62
- AU $22.29Trending at AU $22.84
- AU $20.95Trending at AU $23.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.