All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionOblivion or Utopia: the Prospects for Africa explains that most of the problems on the continent stem from the fact that, although the continent may be politically independent, it is t ecomically independent. Efforts to reverse the continent's continuing underdevelopment have failed to date, including trillions of dollars in aid, because they have t been consciously aimed at enabling Africa to turn its vast natural resources into wealth, which is the only kwn way of ensuring ecomic independence. Based on a comprehensive exploration of impediments to reach the goal of ecomic independence required for self definition, the book proposes a five step strategy which can enable the continent to turn its natural resources into wealth by: 1.
- Author BiographyChiku Malunga is an author and a consultant with many years of experience in organization development and development practice work among African, European and American non-profits, NGOs and civil society organizations. He holds a doctorate degree in development studies from the University of South Africa. He is currently the director of Capacity Development Consultants (CADECO), an organization that promotes African- centered organizational improvement models. Malunga's interest is in contextualizing European and American concepts of organizational/institutional development and development practice for more relevance in the developing regions of the world, and using Africa's indigenous wisdom to enrich the organizational and development theories and practice in the developed regions of the world. Malunga carries out this bridging mission through writing, consultancy and speaking engagements. His other books include: Understanding Organizational Sustainability through African Proverbs, Making Strategic Plans Work: Insights from African Indigenous Wisdom and Understanding Organizational Leadership through Ubuntu.
- Author(s)Chiku Malunga
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication15/12/2009
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Weight231 g
- Width155 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.