All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeopolitics is changing. The conduct of war and peace is being transformed by our increasing dependence on visual images and practices. Satellite surveillance, computer games, streaming video, retinal scanning and mobile phone cameras are just some of the techlogies that are shaping contemporary geopolitics. From the horrors of 9/11 and Abu Ghraib to the mechanical, mundane functioning of airport biometrics, geopolitical truths are established through a process of visual demonstration. Visual culture has become part of the apparatus of persuasion. 'Observant States' brings together leading international authors to explore the developing relationship between geopolitics and visual culture. The result is a definitive contribution to a globally significant, newly emergent field of enquiry.
- Author BiographyFraser MacDonald is a lecturer in Human Geography at the University of Edinburgh. Rachel Hughes is a lecturer in Human Geography at the University of Melbourne. Klaus Dodds is Professor of Geopolitics at Royal Holloway, University of London. He is the author of a number of books including Pink Ice (I.B.Tauris, 2002) and Geopolitics: a Very Short Introduction (Oxford, 2007).
- Author(s)Fraser MacDonald,Klaus J. Dodds,Rachel Hughes
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note60 mono illustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.