Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $31.98Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionThis practical resource takes a holistic view of the learning and development of children with autism, taking into account the nature of their social-emotional learning and the transactional nature of difficulty. Using an interdisciplinary approach, this accessible and practical text invites practitioners, pupils and parents to reflect on their understandings, beliefs and values and to make appropriate adjustments in their practice. Split into five chapters, this book covers some of the main issues involved in observation-based teaching and learning, including: * educational assessment for pupils with special educational needs and disability * points to consider when observing autistic pupils * methods for listening within inclusive autism education * learning outcomes for autistic pupils in relation to well-being, social participation and communication * compiling pupil profiles that are suitable for autistic pupils. Aligning research with practice, this sociocultural perspective on autism is of interest to teachers, learning support assistants and SENCos, as well as professionals working in an advisory capacity. Observation, Assessment and Planning in Inclusive Autism Education will also be of interest to students on courses that cover autism as well as anyone who wants to develop their practice and find new ways of supporting children and young people.
- Author BiographyCarmel Conn is a Senior Lecturer in Special Educational Needs at the University of South Wales, UK.
- Author(s)Carmel Conn
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note37 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables
- Weight250 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.