All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.82
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
About this product
- DescriptionObserving International Relations draws upon the modern systems theory of society, developed by Niklas Luhmann, to provide new perspectives on central aspects of contemporary world society and to generate theoretically informed insights on the possibilities and limits of regulation in global governance. The authors develop a Luhmannian theory of world society by contrasting it with competing tions of international society, critically discussing the use of modern systems theory in international relations theory and assessing its treatment of central concepts within international relations, such as power, sovereignty, governance and war.
- Author BiographyMathias Albert is Professor of Political Science at the University of Bielefeld where he is also a Co-Director of the Institute for Global Society Studies. His research interests include theories of world society, issues of regionalization, law-formation beyond the state, and contemporary youth studies. Lena Hilkermeier is Assistant Professor at the Faculty of Social Sciences at Ruhr-University Bochum. Her research interests lie in the fields of organizational sociology, particularly in combination with theories of society, as well as in transnationalization studies.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication18/12/2003
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleNew International Relations
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight544 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byLena Hilkermeier,Mathias Albert
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.