Observing Kassandra: A Transdisciplinary Play-based Assessment of a Child with Severe Disabilities by Toni W. Linder (Mixed media product, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $251.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $1,614.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA great resource for effective and affordable professional development, Observing Kassandra lets current and future early childhood professionals simulate a TPBA2 session with a preschooler who has severe disabilities and health impairments. In this work, professionals will get: a 50-minute DVD of an actual recorded play session to help them practice their observational and te-taking skills; a tablet of blank TPBA2 forms to fill out after viewing Kassandra's play session; and, a helpful workbook with commentary on the session and filled-in TPBA2 and TPBI2 forms that shows professionals what successful assessment and intervention looks like. Ideal for in-service professionals who want to sharpen their skills or for future practitioners without access to children in real classrooms, this professional development system gives viewers the practice and experience they need to effectively use the Transdisciplinary Play-Based System.
- Author BiographyDr. Toni Linder is Professor Emeritus in the Child, Family, and School Psychology Program at the Morgridge College of Education at the University of Denver in Denver, Colorado. Dr. Linder has been a leader in the development of authentic assessment for young children and is known for her work on Transdisciplinary Play-Based Assessment and Transdisciplinary Play-Based Intervention (1990, 1993, 2008). In addition, she developed Read, Play, and Learn (1999), an inclusive, literature and play-based curriculum for preschool and kindergarten learning and development. She consults nationally and internationally on assessment, intervention, early childhood education, program development, and family involvement issues. Dr. Linder has conducted research on a variety of issues, including transdisciplinary influences on development, parent-child interaction, curriculum outcomes, and using technology for professional development in rural areas. In 2012 Dr. Linder formed Early Learning Dynamics LLC to serve as a platform for her continuing consulting, curriculum development, and play-based assessments. Dr. Linder will use Early Learning Dynamics to serve children worldwide.
- Author(s)Toni W. Linder
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication15/01/2009
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Weight363 g
- Width229 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Contained items statementContains DVD and Pamphlet and Other printed item
- Running Time50
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.