All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume includes a collection of studies on the interplay between rm and usage in lexis, which is explored by looking at both dictionaries and the media. The title features the polysemous verb to observe, which is used both in the sense of investigating use/usage and in that of respecting rms. This thematic area is analysed from a synchronic perspective focusing predominantly on the lexis of four European languages, namely English, French, Italian and Spanish, although other languages are occasionally referred to (e.g. Catalan and Danish). The volume comprises nineteen chapters, which provide a wide-ranging, but deeply focused overview of the complex and challenging interrelation between sites and processes of rm formation and the recontextualization, reconfiguration and re-creation of those rms. The book is structured in four thematic sections, which focus on the rm-setting role of dictionaries, the importance of authentic language use in recent lexicographic products, the impact of the Web on language usage as well as on the processes of rm creation and diffusion, and the impact of mass-mediated communication on lexis. The volume contains contributions in English, French, Italian and Spanish.
- Author BiographyAlessandra Molino is Lecturer in English Language and Translation at the University of Turin, Italy. Her research interests include academic discourse, English as a medium of instruction and sustainability discourse. Serenella Zanotti is Lecturer in English Language and Translation at Roma Tre University, Italy. Her research focuses on translation studies, cross-cultural pragmatics, youth language, conversational narrative, and literary bilingualism.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication29/06/2015
- Languageeng, fre, spa
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleLinguistic Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number195
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight630 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byAlessandra Molino,Serenella Zanotti
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.