All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe study of the ideas and practices associated with occultism is a rapidly growing branch of contemporary scholarship. However, most research has focused on English and French speaking areas and has t addressed the wider spread and significance of occultism. 'Occultism in a Global Perspective' presents a broad international overview. Essays range across the German magical order of the Fraternitas Saturni, esoteric Satanism in Denmark, sexual magic in Colombia and the reception of occultism in modern Turkey, India and the former Yugoslavia. As any other form of cultural practice, the occult is t isolated from its social, discursive, religious, and political environment. By studying occultism in its global context, the book offers insights into the reciprocal relationships that colour and shape regional occultism.
- Author BiographyHenrik Bogdan is Docent, History of Religions at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden. Gordan Djurdjevic lectures in the Department of Humanities at the Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, Canada.
- PublisherAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication30/11/2013
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleApproaches to New Religions
- Place of PublicationDurham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAcumen Publishing Ltd
- Weight7158 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byGordan Djurdjevic,Henrik Bogdan
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.78
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.86
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.89
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.38
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.38
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.