Occupational Biomechanics by Don B. Chaffin, Gunnar B. J. Andersson, Bernard J. Martin (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $193.99Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $217.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPraise for previous editions of Occupational Biomechanics This book is a valuable resource for any advanced ergomist interested in physical ergomics ...provides valuable research information. -Ergomics in Design [This book] represents a distillation of the authors' combined years of experience in applying biomechanicsin various industries and work situations ...I recommend this book to anyone, regardless of discipline, who is interested in understanding the many biomechanical factors which must be considered when trying to effectthe prevention and reduction of musculoskeletal injuries in the workplace. -Journal of Biomechanics Impressive descriptions of biomechanical concepts and worksite considerations ...based t only on mechanical and mathematical principles, but on solid anatomical and physiologic constructs ...a very valuablereference source. -Research Communications in Chemical Pathology and Pharmacology THE DEFINITIVE TEXT ON DESIGNING FOR THE DEMANDS OF TODAY'S WORKPLACE With critical applications in manufacturing, transportation, defense, security, environmental safety and occupational health, and other industries, the field of occupational biomechanics is more central to industrial design than ever before. This latest edition of the popular and widely adopted Occupational Biomechanics provides the foundations and tools to assemble and evaluate biomechanical processes as they apply to today's changing industries, with emphasis on improving overall work efficiency and preventing work-related injuries. The book expertly weaves engineering and medical information from diverse sources and provides a coherent treatment of the biomechanical principles underlying the well-designed and ergomically sound workplace. NEW TO THIS THOROUGHLY REVISED AND UPDATED FOURTH EDITION: 150 new references and many new illustrations Major changes within each chapter that reflect recent and significant findings Recent research in musculoskeletal disorders New measurement techniques for biomechanical parameters and numerous international initiatives on the subject Presented in an easy-to-understand manner and supported by over 200 illustrations and numerous examples, Occupational Biomechanics, Fourth Edition remains the premier one-stop reference for students and professionals in the areas of industrial engineering, product and process design, medicine, and occupational health and safety.
- Author BiographyDON B. CHAFFIN, PhD, is a Distinguished University Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, and Occupational Health; and Director of the Human Motion Simulation Laboratory at the University of Michigan. GUNNAR B. J. ANDERSSON, MD, PhD, is Chairman and Professor of Orthopedic Surgery at the Rush University Medical Center in Chicago, Illinois. BERNARD J. MARTIN, PhD, DSc, is Associate Professor of Industrial and Operations Engineering and research fellow in the Division of Kinesiology at the University of Michigan.
- Author(s)Bernard J. Martin,Don B. Chaffin,Gunnar B. J. Andersson
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2006
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1092 g
- Width224 mm
- Height289 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $179.93New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.93New
- AU $93.61Used
- AU $93.61New
- AU $101.72New
- AU $81.15New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.20
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.36
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $74.31
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $109.06
- AU $22.66Trending at AU $23.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.