All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOccupational Therapy Interventions: Functions and Occupations, Second Edition is a unique and comprehensive text intended to provide the essential information required for occupational therapy practice in the physical approach to the intervention process. This practical and user-friendly text offers an entry-level approach to bridging the American Occupational Therapy Association's Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition with everyday practice, specifically concerning interventions. Dr. Catherine Meria and Dr. Donna Latella focus each chapter of the text on an area of occupation, evidence-based practice, current intervention options, as well as a specific hands-on approach to grading interventions. Although the focus of the text is the intervention process, Occupational Therapy Interventions: Function and Occupations, Second Edition also includes a detailed Evaluation Grid which offers a unique approach to choosing occupational therapy evaluations. New in the Second Edition: * New evidence-based articles have been added to each of the chapters* Some new rewritten and expanded chapters* Updated references throughout* Includes sample exam questions with each chapter* Updated key concepts and incorporated new documents such as: * AOTA's Occupational Therapy Practice Framework, Third Edition* AOTA's Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics* AOTA's Guidelines for Supervision, Roles, and Responsibilities During the Delivery of Occupational Therapy Services Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used for teaching in the classroom. With the incorporation of new evidence-based concepts, updates to reflect the AOTA's newest documents, and new hands-on approaches to interventions, Occupational Therapy Interventions: Functions and Occupations, Second Edition should be by the side of every occupational therapy student and entry-level practitioner.
- Author BiographyCatherine Meriano, JD, MHS, OTR/L is a tenured Professor of Occupational Therapy at Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut, USA. Her clinical background is in acute care, outpatient rehabilitation, and nursing home practice. Catherine received her certification in Advanced Online Teaching from the Online Learning Consortium and teaches in both the Post-Professional Occupational Therapy Doctorate program, which is online, and the traditional entry-level Masters of Occupational Therapy program. Her teaching responsibilities include Legal and Ethical classes in both programs, Problem-Based Learning, Documentation of practice and Administration. Her publications and presentations have included topics such as evaluation of the upper extremity, dysphagia, academic integrity, legal issues in health care and legislative advocacy for occupational therapy. Catherine enjoys spending time in the clinic, traveling with her family, and spending time with her husband and two children. Donna Latella, EdD, OTR/L is a tenured Professor of Occupational Therapy at Quinnipiac University, Hamden, Connecticut. Her clinical background is in acute care, outpatient rehabilitation, homecare, and nursing home practice. Presently, Donna's clinical practice is spent between homecare, outpatient, as well as working as a Registered Therapist in Hippotherapy and a Certified Therapeutic Riding Instructor. Her teaching responsibilities include Research, Adult Interventions, Health Conditions, Problem-Based Learning, Capstone Graduate Project, and Service Learning. Donna volunteers with her certified therapy dog, pot-bellied pig and horses providing animal-assisted therapy in reading programs, hospitals, and day centers. Her publications and presentations have covered topics such as evaluation of the upper extremity, dysphagia, leadership, service learning, animal-assisted therapy, educational malpractice, and learning styles. Donna enjoys jogging, horseback riding, and boating with her husband, two children, and many pets.
- Author(s)Catherine Meriano,Donna Latella
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Weight1338 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.