All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSharply observed and metaphorically inventive, Ocean Effects is a worthy follow-up to Galvin's National Book Award finalist Habitat. It includes a new vein of Galvin's trademark richly observed lyric poems on the biota, landscapes, and weathers of coastal New England. Seascapes and the natural world bracket sequences spoken by personae as various as the seventeenth-century American colonist Roger Williams, small-town cops, a squatter in the ruins of Cherbyl, a nineteenth-century Russian general in Mongolia, and a Cape Cod carpenter. Galvin's mologues, tensile and energetic free verse, are touched with the speech of the historical periods in which they take place.
- Author BiographyBrendan Galvin is the author of fourteen poetry books, including six published by LSU Press, the most recent of which, Habitat: New and Selected Poems, 1965-2005, was a finalist for the National Book Award. He has received many other honors, including the O. B. Hardison Prize from the Folger Shakespeare Library. He lives in Truro, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Brendan Galvin
- PublisherLouisiana State University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLouisiana State University Press
- Weight132 g
- Width162 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.