All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost people kw Ted Danson as the affable bartender Sam Malone in the long-running television series Cheers. But fewer realize that over the course of the past two and a half decades, Danson has tirelessly devoted himself to the cause of heading off a looming global catastrophe-the massive destruction of our planet's oceanic biosystems and the complete collapse of the world's major commercial fisheries. In Oceana, Danson details his journey from joining a modest local protest in the mid-1980s to oppose offshore drilling near his Southern California neighborhood to his current status as one of the world's most influential oceanic environmental activists, testifying before congressional committees in Washington, D.C., addressing the World Trade Organization in Zurich, Switzerland, and helping to found Oceana, the largest organization in the world focused solely on ocean conservation. In his incisive, conversational tone, Danson describes what has happened to our oceans in just the past half-century, ranging from the ravages of overfishing and habitat destruction to the devastating effects of ocean acidification and the wasteful horrors of fish farms. Danson also shares the stage of Oceana with some of the world's most respected authorities in the fields of marine science, commercial fishing, and environmental law, as well as with other influential activists. In vivid, personal prose, Oceana powerfully illustrates the impending crises and offers solutions that may allow us to avert them, showing you the specific courses of action you can take to become active, responsible stewards of our planet's most precious resource-its oceans.
- Author BiographyTed Danson is an Emmy Award-winning actor known for his starring role on the television series Cheers who is also an outspoken environmental activist and a member of the board of directors of Oceana, the largest international organization focused solely on ocean conservation. Michael D'Orso's work includes fifteen books, seven of which have been bestsellers and three of which have been Pulitzer Prize nominees. Audiobook veteran Michael Kramer has recorded more than two hundred audiobooks for trade publishers and many more for the Library of Congress Talking Books program. An AudioFile Earphones Award winner and an Audie Award nominee, he earned a Publishers Weekly Listen-Up Award for his reading of Savages by Don Winslow.
- Author(s)Michael D'Orso,Ted Danson
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication28/03/2011
- SubjectEnvironment & Ecology: General Interest
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Michael Kramer
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time360
- Edition StatementUnabridged library ed
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $93.78Trending at AU $97.15
- AU $20.36Trending at AU $34.82
- AU $39.98Trending at AU $41.68
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $36.49
- AU $18.31Trending at AU $19.58
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $44.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.