Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.76
About this product
- Description'Earth hath t anything to show more fair' said Wordsworth of London in 1802, and hundreds of years on the same can be still be said of Britain's largest metropolis. Ode to London is a wonderful anthology of poetry celebrating England's capital and life as a Londoner. Verses from our best-loved authors, such as William Wordsworth, William Blake and John Betjeman among others, are accompanied by beautiful illustrations - often taken from iconic tube posters - of London's famous sights, green parks and Londoners in their daily lives. Epic poems celebrating London's vast and majestic presence sit alongside Cockney ditties about pie, mash and jellied eels in this new collection. Celebrating every aspect of 'the big smoke' - from the Houses of Parliament and the Blitz spirit, through to red double-decker buses and infamous rainy English summers - this is the perfect gift for any Londoner or visitor to the city. Other successful titles in the series include Ode to the Countryside (9781905400959) and Ode to the Sea (9781907892141).
- Author BiographyJane McMorland Hunter has written several books, including Ode to London. Her other books include three books in the best-selling Teach Yourself series as well as The Tiny Garden (Frances Lincoln) and For the Love of an Orchard (Pavilion) both of which have been widely and favourably reviewed. She lives in London.
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2012
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintBatsford Ltd
- Content Note50 colour illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width136 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byJane McMorland Hunter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.