All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOnly in recent times has the possibility of growing and implanting replacement teeth, made from one's own cells, moved into the realm of realistic possibilities; however, the molecular and cellular mechanisms of tooth development must be studied in a range of vertebrates, from zebrafish to mice, so that evolutionarily conserved network kernels, which will define the cellular states of generic vertebrate tooth development, can be recognized. In Odontogenesis: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field examine techniques to approach this burgeoning field. This detailed volume includes chapters on the detection of tooth development gene expression, both at the RNA and protein level, current approaches to the manipulation of gene expression levels and subsequent analysis of tooth phetypes, as well as chapters concerning current efforts to get living tooth implants working without waiting for a full understanding of the developmental pathways at the molecular level. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology(TM) series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips for troubleshooting and avoiding kwn pitfalls. Practical and easy to use, Odontogenesis: Methods and Protocols aims to help researchers move forward toward the ultimate goal of getting a bioengineered tooth into the patient's mouth.
- PublisherHumana Press Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2012
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Series TitleMethods in Molecular Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number887
- Place of PublicationTotowa, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHumana Press Inc.
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 24 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, biography
- Weight587 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byChrissa Kioussi
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.