Oedipus on a Pale Horse: Greek Journey in Search of a Personal Mythology by David Sheppard (Paperback / softback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhen David Sheppard was 20, he considered a literary life, beginning with an extensive trip to Greece. But a potentially deadly encounter with his father derailed these plans, and instead, Sheppard pursued a thirty-year career in aerospace, on the way marrying and fathering two children. Now, 32 years later, he fulfills his life-long literary dream on a three-month solo odyssey through Greece, a journey that quickly becomes a quest to understand his past. In the process of relating his own life stories to those of ancient Greek myth, Sheppard succeeds in creating his own personal mythology, with the goal of settling a complicated father-son relationship, a divorce from his wife of 18 years, and the disappearance of his only daughter. Can he survive the search within while traveling this ancient land of murder and suicide? Travel with the author through this internal, mythic landscape as he uncovers startling revelations about his own life as a particular case of the human condition.
- Author BiographyDavid Sheppard, a previous U.S. Air Force captain, holds a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Arizona State and a M.S. in astronautical engineering from Stanford University. He has work on many NASA projects, including Space Shuttle flights and missions to the outer planets. Subsequently, he studied creative writing and American literature at the University of Colorado. His poetry has appeared in The Paris Review, and in The Arvon International Poetry Competition Anthology (Ted Hughes and Seamus Heaney, editors). A veteran of many writing groups and conferences, he is a past member of the Rocky Mountain Writers Guild, having chaired its Literary Society and participated in its Life Poets Society. In yet another of his many lives, he taught astronomy, novel writing and Greek mythology at New Mexico State University - Carlsbad. He has traveled throughout Western Europe, and is an amateur photographer and astronomer. Look for more books by David Sheppard, forthcoming soon from Tragedy's Workshop.
- Author(s)David Sheppard
- PublisherTragedy's Workshop
- Date of Publication28/11/2008
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTragedy's Workshop
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight717 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $56.43
- AU $13.18Trending at AU $14.69
- AU $27.97Trending at AU $31.77
- AU $29.89Trending at AU $32.52
- AU $18.42Trending at AU $29.74
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $14.85
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $15.77
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.