Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.47
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.10
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.22
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.19
- AU $43.81Trending at AU $49.39
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.81
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.70
About this product
- DescriptionPrior to the twentieth century explanations for the many malfunctions of the human body, death, disease, insanity and misfortune were attributed to the work of daemons. From the earliest recorded history we see mankind beset by Daemons. Daemons even graced the tops of cathedrals. However, belief in the possibility of daemonic possession has waned since the advent of sophisticated medical kwledge. We are w led to believe that all types of abrmal behavior are produced and mediated solely by the brain. This conviction leaves potential for such a phemen as demonic possession to exist. Nonetheless, neuroscience has t yet been able to explain all of the characteristics common to purported cases of daemonic possession Of Daemons Possessed is the second book in a series of three books which the author has named The Edgar Trio. The name is to hor Edgar Allan Poe whose macabre stories of murder, premature burial, insanity and revenge terrified the author as a boy. It is six tales of individuals either possessed by daemons, or sporadically in touch with an alternate universe. The book presents stories of possession, insanity and murder. Marcus Thompson reappears from the first book Evil in the Islands, to have further difficulties with people that one other that he can see. The trunk that Balthazar gave to John Broadbent Stewart in a Mayan ruin in the Amazon reappears to cause murder, rape and insanity in the four stories of The Balthazar Quartet. It is left to the readers to draw their own conclusions as to whether or t the protagonists were possessed.
- Author BiographyS. Guy Lovelace was born in Kansas City, Missouri and grew up in Syracuse New York. He studied engineering at Cornell University and Architecture at Syracuse University. He has been the owner of an Architectural/Interior Design firm, a Construction firm and a Caribbean hotel as well as furniture manufacturing operations in Mexico, Haiti and Costa Rica. His first book The Carnival Never Got Started was published in 2005. It is the hilarious account of his and his family's experiences designing, building and operating a small Caribbean Boutique Inn. It was followed By Evil in the Islands in 2006 and a Second edition The Carnival Never Got Started Redux in 2008. In 2011 he published three books on both kindle and as paperbacks. The first of the three was Of Daemons Possessed is six stories of Demonic possession leading to murder and madness. In the second book, The Story Teller, the stories range in subject matter from re-incarnation in Love at First Sight to Marmey an allegory on the sadness of aging. Blood Brothers explores the true meaning of friendship While The Entrepreneur, Harlan's Gifts and The Stereopticon present radically different approaches to becoming wealthy. The Twelve Dollar Dinner provides comic relief, with an opportunity to chuckle at the miscues of a naive young couple on their first time abroad. The Collection in the Claw Foot Curio was originally written in 1971 as a collection of ghost and horror stories to entertain the authors' young children The stories have been re-written for an adult audience in 2011. He Has also helped his wife in the publication of her memoir / cookbook, Caribbean Cooking made Simple.
- Author(s)S Guy Lovelace
- Date of Publication10/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHorror & Ghost Stories
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.