Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.25Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
About this product
- DescriptionThe death of those people has thing to do with me! Ellie Madsen longed to believe that, but what else could explain the attempts on her life? She was afraid, and though she knew the fear was separating her from a lost love, she was powerless to break free. It took the searing honesty of a desperately lonely teenager and the good sense of a maddeningly Irish priest to thrust her past her own emotional upheaval and into the cold light of reality. She wouldn't enjoy the fruits of the struggle, however, until she stopped trusting the one she wanted to love. If she faltered in this, she would die: it was as simple as that.
- Author BiographyPatricia Doherty has been writing sporadically since her childhood in Washington, D.C. In 1966, however, her husband Tony gave her a copy of James Agee's masterpiece, Let Us Now Praise Famous Men, which awakened a desire to write seriously. Eleven years later Pat slammed a mystery story shut in despair, declaring she could write better herself. Her husband challenged her to do it. The result was The Face of Evil, the first novel in the Dismas Shaunessey mystery series, which continues with The Sins of Moffat Square and Of Murder and Marigolds. Visitations of Grace, her collection of short stories based on minor characters in the Gospels, has received critical praise. She's also collaborated with Olympic pole vaulting champion Don Bragg on A Chance to Dare: The Don Bragg Story, his memoirs, as well as Kamp Olympik, an account of his summer camp for disadvantaged inner-city kids. In addition to interviews and feature articles for an opera newsletter, she's written compact disc liner notes, a novella, poetry, and children's stories. When her composer husband received a commission from the Contra Costa Children's Chorus for a major piece for its 30th anniversary season, Pat provided the text My Voice, which is her favorite work.
- Author(s)Patricia Doherty
- Date of Publication05/02/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight349 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.