All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEducation is like a sherbet lemon: we need the structures and systems - the hard exterior - but we can easily lose sight of the magic that is at the heart of this; the teaching and learning - the fizz in the centre. Nina Jackson's mission in Of Teaching, Learning and Sherbet Lemons is to put the fizz back into classrooms by solving some of the toughest dilemmas facing teachers. You kw the child in the class who never asks that burning question because they worry it might make them look silly, even if everyone else is thinking the same thing? Sometimes teachers can be like that child. And they don't kw where to turn to get the answers. That is where Nina comes in. The teachers' questions in Of Teaching, Learning and Sherbet Lemons have been anymised, but Nina's answers will resonate with teachers everywhere, offering support and practical advice. Topics covered include: *learner engagement and motivation *group work *spoon feeding *feedback *dyslexia *ADD and ADHD *self harm *pushy parents *bereavement *music in the classroom *the transition from primary to secondary school *action research *school councils *and INSET days.Suitable for all teachers - from NQTs to experienced teacher - across all subject-specialisms and phases; from primary to higher education.
- Author BiographyNina Jackson is an international education consultant who has a breathtaking grasp of what makes classrooms, children and their teachers tick. She's a leading practitioner in all areas of teaching and learning with particular expertise in special educational needs, digital technology and mental and emotional health. She has transformed learning and teaching in some of the most challenging schools in the UK as well as working extensively with schools on the international circuit. An accredited Apple Teacher, winner of the IPDA International Prize for Education and described by the TES as an 'inspirational, evangelical preacher of education', Nina is a tour-de-force when it comes to enlivening teaching and learning for all. Nina is one of the happiest, most effervescent personalities in education today and puts her own learning, and the learning of others, at the heart of everything she believes in.
- Author(s)Nina Jackson
- PublisherIndependent Thinking Press
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationCarmarthen
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIndependent Thinking Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width222 mm
- Height182 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.