All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn his fifth book of poems, Timothy Liu addresses a tripartite Thee : the Divine, the Beloved, and the State. A precarious dance between the spiritual and the material ensues, the lyric poem confronting a consumer culture overrun by rampant lust and greed yet finding itself unable to wholly stand outside of what it critiques: Any consolation found herein is short-lived. Even so, by extending the traditions of lyric poetry forward, these utterances seek to enlarge the conversation between art and life, anticipating whatever commerce the future might yet hold.
- Author BiographyTimothy Liu is an associate professor of English at William Patterson University. His first book of poems, Vox Angelica, received the 1992 Norma Farber First Book Award from the Poetry Society of America. His other three books were finalists for the Lambda Literary Award. Liu has edited Word of Mouth: An Anthology of Gay American Poetry.
- Author(s)Timothy Liu
- PublisherUniversity of Georgia Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2004
- LanguageEnglish & English
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleContemporary Poetry Series
- Place of PublicationGeorgia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Georgia Press
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.