All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn these days of facile cloning and rapid DNA sequencing, it is t uncommon for investigators to find themselves with a DNA sequence that may or may t code for a kwn gene product. The sequence is 'open' when read in an appropriate frame, which is to say that there is a long run of ami acid codons before the appearance of a terminator codon. How can we find out if this 'unidentified reading frame' (URF) really codes for a genuine protein, and how can we identify it if it exists? There are two general strategies, both of which can also be applied to the characterization of any 'open reading frame' (ORF), whether or t it has been 'identified'. The first and simplest approach involves computer searching and analysis; the second employs antibodies raised against synthetic peptides patterned on the sequence of the expected gene product. Both methods have been used with great success by many investigators. Each has, netheless, its pitfalls and frustrations. This primer is meant to guide the researcher past those obstacles as much as possible. Graduate students and researchers interested in ami acid sequencing; molecular biologists, biochemists, chemists, and biotechlogists.
- Author(s)Russell F. Doolittle
- PublisherUniversity Science Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/12/1986
- Place of PublicationSausalito
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Science Books,U.S.
- Content Notefigures, tables, bibliography, index
- Weight234 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $16.56Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.42Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.41Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.