All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis guidebook - which includes both a guide to the route and a separate OS map booklet - describes Offa's Dyke Path National Trail from south to rth, following the longest linear earthwork in Britain, running 177 miles along the English-Welsh border between Sedbury (near Chepstow) and Prestatyn on the rth Wales Coast. The book splits one of Britain's classic trails into 12 stages suitable for walkers of all abilities. Step-by-step route descriptions are accompanied by 1:100,000 OS map extracts. Also included with this guidebook is a booklet of 1:25,000 OS maps, which provides all the mapping needed to complete the trail in a compact form. A trek planner gives at a glance information about facilities, public transport and accommodation available along the route. The walk is astonishingly varied, taking in the lower Wye gorge, the Severn and the Dee rift valley, the pastures and woodlands of the border country, the remote moorland of the Black Mountains and the Clwydian range, and the dramatic limestone escarpments of Eglwyseg mountain. What makes it even more special is over 60 miles walking alongside the Saxon earthwork of Offa's Dyke.
- Author BiographyMike Dunn was born in Leicester but has lived in Penarth in the Vale of Glamorgan for over 30 years. He worked for the Welsh Assembly Government, latterly specialising in environmental and conservation issues, and has written widely on landscape, walking, pubs and real ale. Mike's favourite locations for walking are the Welsh borders, the Hebridean Islands and the Lake District.
- Author(s)Mike Dunn
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2016
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Content Note79 colour photos and 29 maps
- Weight340 g
- Width116 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover,With translucent dust cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.