All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $46.68
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $23.77Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $32.10Trending at AU $44.92
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
About this product
- DescriptionOffenders, Deviants or Patients? provides a practical approach to understanding both the social context and treatment of mentally disordered offenders. Taking into account the current public concern, often heightened by media sensationalism, it addresses issues such as sex offending, homicide and other acts of serious bodily harm. This fourth edition comes after extensive new research by academics and professionals in the field and reflects recent changes in law, policy and practice, including: * new sex offending legislation * proposals to amend homicide legislation * a new mental health act. Using new case examples, Herschel Prins examines the relationship between mental disorders and crime and looks at the ways in which it should be dealt with by the mental health care and criminal justice systems. Offenders, Deviants or Patients? is unique in its multidisciplinary approach and will be invaluable to all those who come into contact with serious offenders or those who study crime and criminal behaviour.
- Author BiographyHerschel Prins has worked in the fields of criminal justice and forensic mental health for over fifty years. He has served on a number of public and voluntary bodies, authored numerous books and articles and continues to teach part-time at the Universities of Leicester and Loughborough.
- Author(s)Professor Herschel Prins
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/06/2010
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 10 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.