All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost Fortune 500 companies still struggle with workplace planning and design issues. Millions of dollars are invested each year by companies with the expectation that new buildings and major revations will help transform their culture, spark invation, and herald new work patterns that strengthen performance while reducing costs. But, as Franklin Becker points out, popular trends do t always make good sense. Offices at Work addresses the fundamental design issues that organizational leaders confront such as: * How do we create a low-cost flexible environment that motivates employees and stimulates learning? * Is it worth our spending the time, money, and effort to consolidate our disparate buildings into a new corporate campus? * How else can we address status concerns besides giving people offices? Order your copy today!
- Author BiographyFranklin Becker is professor of Facility Planning and Management and Human Environment Relations and chair of the department of design and environmental analysis at Cornell University. He is also the director of the International Workplace Studies Program at Cornell and founder and president of IDEAworks LLC, a management consulting firm that works with Fortune 500 companies to develop and implement innovative workplace strategies. Becker is the coauthor with Fritz Steele of Workplace by Design: Mapping the High Performance Workscape.
- Author(s)Franklin D. Becker
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication30/09/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width178 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Foreword byTom Kelley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.86
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.