Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionWith thirty per cent of the world's oil and gas production coming from offshore areas, the construction of specialist vessels to perform offshore operations is a crucial part of the industry. However, with exploration and production being performed in increasingly exacting locations, the scope for disputes arising from cost overruns, scheduling delays and technical difficulties is immense. In the absence of legal precedent, this ground-breaking title provides practical guidance on avoiding and resolving disputes in the construction of offshore units and vessels, including FPSOs, drilling units, OSVs and fixed platforms. Written by a leading team at Stephenson Harwood, this book covers the entire construction process from initial concept right through to installation, at each stage commenting on typical contract terms and offering expert advice based on real-life examples. Key topics include: * Design risk * Changes to the work * Consequences of delay * Acceptance Tests * Termination * Dispute resolution This unique text will be of ermous assistance both to legal practitioners and offshore construction professionals including project managers, financiers, insurers, and sub-contractors.
- Author BiographyStuart Beadnall is a partner and leading specialist in shipping and energy at Stephenson Harwood, with particular expertise in dispute resolution and negotiating contracts relating to offshore oil and gas, shipbuilding, floating production and LNG/FLNG. Simon Moore is a partner at Stephenson Harwood specialising in insurance, shipping and general commercial litigation with a particular focus on disputes in the maritime and offshore oil and gas industries.
- Author(s)Simon Moore,Stuart Beadnall
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Series TitleLloyd's Shipping Law Library
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables
- Weight866 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine28 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.