All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides all the key information needed to design offshore structures for renewable energy applications successfully. Suitable for practicing engineers and students, the author conveys design principles and best practices in a clear, concise manner, focusing on underlying physics while eschewing complicated mathematical detail. The text connects underlying scientific theory with industry standards and practical implementation issues for offshore wind turbines, wave energy converters and current turbines. Combined concepts such as wave-wind energy platforms are discussed, as well. Coverage of design codes and numerical tools ensures the usefulness of this resource for all those studying and working in the rapidly expanding field of offshore renewable energy.
- Author BiographyDr. Karimirad received his PhD in Marine Structures from the Norwegian University of Science and Technology, and has a decade of work and research experience in offshore technology for oil and gas and renewable energy. His research results have been published in technical reports, theses, book chapters, journal scientific papers and conference proceedings. His knowledge covers many aspects of offshore mechanics, hydrodynamics and structural engineering.
- Author(s)Madjid Karimirad
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication06/12/2014
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 106 colour illustrations, 43 black & white tables, biography
- Weight637 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $90.74
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.67
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.17
- AU $64.63Trending at AU $68.59
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.25
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $98.79
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.