All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $70.56
- AU $15.16Trending at AU $23.80
- AU $33.79Trending at AU $49.84
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $6.53
- AU $20.71Trending at AU $24.37
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $19.06
- AU $10.90Trending at AU $17.97
About this product
- DescriptionIt's hard work being good all the time. And it's especially hard for a dog like George! Harris is off to do some shopping. Will you be good, George? he asks. George hopes he can. He really wants to...but chocolate cake is just so very delicious and he does love to chase cat...What will George do w? Chris Haughton's distinctive artwork perfectly accompanies the incent charm of affable George, a dog trying to be good - with hilarious results! Chris was named as one of the Booktrust's Best New Illustrators 2011. This is the second picture book from rapidly rising star Chris Haughton, whose bold art and psychedelic colour palette appeal to young children and parents alike. A Bit Lost was winner of the 2011 Ellis Dillon award and Bisto Children's Book of the Year Award.
- Author BiographyChris Haughton is a freelance illustrator and designer from Dublin. In 2007 he was named as one of TIME magazine's DESIGN 100 list for the work he does for Fair Trade and People Tree. Chris has created and taught many courses in design and Illustration around the world, including Ireland, Hong Kong, Korea and India. His debut picture book, A Bit Lost, was the recipient of Gold in the Children's Book category at the Association of Illustrators annual awards. He has also won the 2011 Marion Vannett Ridgway Award, Dutch Picture Book of the Year and was named one of the Booktrust's 10 Best New Illustrators.
- PrizesShortlisted for Kate Greenaway Medal 2013 and Roald Dahl Funny Prize: The Funniest Book for Children Aged Six and Under 2012.
- Author(s)Chris Haughton
- PublisherWalker Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWalker Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date13/08/2016
- Content Notechiefly col. Illustrations
- Weight419 g
- Width255 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Illustrator(s)Chris Haughton
- Interest AgeFrom 2
Most relevant reviews
- mptravelnut02 Aug, 2012by
Fantastic funny book which kids will love!
I bought this book as it was highly recommended in a baby magazine. I love this book as it is so easy and entertaining to read to children. It is unique in it's layout and the pictures are simple and keep kids engaged. It also has an underlying lesson to teach small children about consequences which I love. Also it's very funny :)