All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.45
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.66
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.64
- AU $20.32Trending at AU $22.65
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.12
- AU $41.01Trending at AU $43.46
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.69
About this product
- DescriptionA Hollywood native from the wrong side of the Walk of Fame makes a play for star status (Cosmopolitan) in Shanna Mahin s acclaimed vel, called quite a breakout by The New York Times.Jess Dunne is third-generation Hollywood, but her star on the boulevard has yet to materialize. Sure, she s got a Santa Monica address and a working actress roommate, but with her where barista job in a town that ackwledges zeroes only as a dress size, she s a dead girl walking. Enter Jess s mother a failed actress who puts the strange in estrangement. She dives headlong into her daughter s downward spiral, forcing Jess to muster all her spite and self-preservation to snag a career upgrade. As a personal assistant for a famous (and secretly agoraphobic) film composer, Jess s workdays are w filled with shopping for luxury goods and cooking in his perfectly designed kitchen. Jess kills at cooking, a talent that only serves her intensifying urge to dig in to Los Angeles s celebrity buffet. When her food garners the attention of an actress on the rise, well, she s all too willing to throw it in with the composer and upgrade again, a decision that will have far-reaching ramifications that could explode all her relationships. All the while, her mother looms ever closer, forcing Jess to confront the traumatic secrets she s been running from all her life. Oh! You Pretty Thingsis a dizzying ride at the carnival of fame, a fast-paced and sharply funny work that dares to imagine what happens when we go over the top in a town of gilded excess.
- Author BiographySHANNA MAHIN is a high school dropout who rallied late despite her ninth grade English teacher s prediction of a lifetime of wasted potential. Her writing fellowships include the MacDowell Colony, the Norman Mailer Center, and PEN Center USA Emerging Voices. Just like her character, Shanna is third-generation Hollywood.
- Author(s)Shanna Mahin
- PublisherDutton Books
- Date of Publication14/04/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDutton Books
- Out-of-print date27/04/2017
- Weight544 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.