All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew American states can match the rich and diverse transportation heritage of Ohio. Every major form of public conveyance eventually served the Buckeye state. From the Canal Age to the Interurban Era, Ohio emerged as a national leader. The state's central location, abundant natural resources, impressive wealth, shrewd business leadership, and episodes of good fortune explain the dynamic nature of its transport past. Ohio on the Move is the first systematic scholarly account of the transportation history of Ohio. To date, little has appeared on several subjects discussed here, including intercity bus and truck operations and commercial aviation. The more familiar topics of river and lake transport, canals, steam railroads, electric interurbans, and mass transit are extensively explored in the Ohio context. In this inaugural volume of Ohio University Press' Ohio Bicentennial Series, Professor Grant demonstrates the truth of the slogan that Ohio is the heart of it all - t solely by location but also in the impressive network of transportation arteries that have linked the state, whether natural waterways and air space or various artificial land-travel routes.
- Author BiographyHarry N. Scheiber is the Riesenfeld Chair Professor of Law and History in the School of Law, University of California, Berkeley. Among his previous publications are The State and Freedom of Contract; Inter-Allied Conflicts and the Origins of Modern Ocean Law; American Law and the Constitutional Order; and some 150 articles in journals of history, law, economics, and political science.
- Author(s)Harry N. Scheiber
- PublisherOhio University Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2012
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOhio
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOhio University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight565 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Foreword byLawrence M. Friedman
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.