All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOhio's Craft Beers celebrates the variety of craft brewing in Ohio, offers appreciations of its quality, and reports on the renaissance of the brewer's art throughout the Buckeye State. Beautifully illustrated with color photographs, the book takes readers on a tour of more than 40 of Ohio's larger and more influential breweries and provides detailed descriptions of most of the others. Author and photographer Paul L. Gaston visited all of the featured breweries, talked to the owners and brewers, and tasted their beers, while photographing the pubs, brews, and customers. A generous sampler of the state's prime estinations for fans of good beer, Ohio's Craft Beers offers fascinating perspectives on brewing, regional history, and the distinctive cultures of a rapidly growing but highly principled industry. With Ohio's Craft Beers as your guide, you can sip an amber ale on the front porch of Mt. Carmel in suburban Cincinnati, make your way to the industrial chic of Warped Wing in Dayton, enjoy the historic ambience of Portsmouth, and still find exceptional beers in the more utilitarian settings of MadTree in Cincinnati, Actual in Columbus, or Hoppin' Frog in Akron. And in Willoughby you can return to the days of interurban travel while enjoying a full menu and creative brews at Willoughby Brewing Co. Above all, beer is about community. Brewers enjoy their craft, and craft beer drinkers enjoy meeting other craft beer drinkers. Put a copy of this book under your arm, make an excursion, walk in with a thirst, and toast your new friends with Ohio's Craft Beers.
- Author BiographyPaul L. Gaston, Trustees Professor at Kent State University, USA, pursues a broad commitment to interdisciplinary teaching and research in popular culture, higher education reform, public policy, and the humanities. He is the author of six books and more than 40 scholarly articles on topics as varied as early rock 'n' roll, the Italian novel, computer-dominated futures trading, the future of the book, interart analogies, the poetry of George Herbert, the fiction of Walker Percy, and minor league baseball. He earned both his M.A. and Ph.D. from the University of Virginia, USA, where he was a Woodrow Wilson Fellow. This is his first book on beer ... but not his last.
- Author(s)Paul L. Gaston
- PublisherKent State University Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2016
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationKent, OH
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKent State University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byLenny Kolada
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.