All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Niger-Delta region is prone to conflicts and restiveness as a consequence of oil activities and under development, which, ultimately induce poverty. Oil, Democracy and the Promise of True Federalism in Nigeria attempts to demonstrate this unfortunate byproduct of federalism in Nigeria. Calling for resource control and the practice of True Federalism, the contributors of this volume identify some of the major endemic problems for the Niger-Delta people.
- Author BiographyAugustine A. Ikein, Ph.D., is an Associate Professor of Economics, Finance and Policy Studies, at Delaware State University. Professor Ikein was also a recipient of the United States Fulbright Fellowship Award and a Visiting Fulbright Scholar to University of Port Harcourt, 1998-1999. Steve Azaiki, Ph.D., is the former Secretary to Bayelsa State Government 2002-2005 and is the current President of the World Environmental Movement for Africa (WEMFA) in Nigeria. D.S.P. Alamieyeseigha, Ph.D., was the First Executive Governor of Bayelsa State of Nigeria, 1999 through 2005.
- Author(s)Augustine A. Ikein,D. S. P. Alamieyeseigha,Steve S. Azaiki
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication04/04/2008
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width152 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine36 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.