All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
About this product
- DescriptionNational Oil Companies (NOCs) play an important role in the world ecomy. They produce most of the world's oil and bankroll governments across the globe. Although NOCs superficially resemble private-sector companies, they often behave in very different ways. Oil and Governance explains the variation in performance and strategy for NOCs and provides fresh insights into the future of the oil industry as well as the politics of the oil-rich countries where NOCs dominate. It comprises fifteen case studies, each following a common research design, of NOCs based in the Middle East, Africa, Asia, Latin America and Europe. The book also includes cross-cutting pieces on the industrial structure of the oil industry and the politics and administration of NOCs. This book is the largest and most systematic analysis of NOCs to date and is suitable for audiences from industry and academia, as well as policy makers.
- Author BiographyDavid G. Victor is a professor at the School of International Relations and Pacific Studies at the University of California, San Diego, where he also leads the Laboratory on International Law and Regulation. David R. Hults is a research affiliate at the Program on Energy and Sustainable Development (PESD) at Stanford University. Mark Thurber is Assistant Director for Research at the Program on Energy and Sustainable Development (PESD) at Stanford University.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2014
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note45 b/w illus. 80 tables
- Weight1360 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine52 mm
- Edited byDavid G. Victor,David R. Hults,Mark C. Thurber
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.