All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPeter Nichols has crafted a terrifyingly relevant historical narrative...A terrific read. -Nathaniel Philbrick, author of In The Heart of the Sea In 1871, America's last fleet of whaling ships was destroyed in an arctic ice storm. Miraculously, 1,218 men, women and children survived, but the disaster was catastrophic at home. Oil and Ice is the story of one fateful whaling season that illuminates the unprecedented rise and devastating fall of America's first oil ecomy, and the fate of today's petroleum industry.
- Author BiographyPeter Nichols, in addition to his sailing adventures, has worked in the film business as a screenwriter, propmaker, and ship-wrangler. He lives in Northern California.
- Author(s)Peter Nichols
- PublisherPenguin Books
- Date of Publication28/09/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPenguin Books
- Weight259 g
- Width136 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.