All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionCompletely revised, this is the second edition of the sea kayaking guidebook - Oileain, The Irish Islands. The guide describes 270 more islands than the previous edition, has a wealth of new photos, a new design and improved presentation of the tidal information. Dave Walsh describes over 570 islands. The essential information for kayakers or anyone in a small boat is here: landings, camping, drinking water and tidal information. Any wildlife to be found is detailed and on the islands that are or have been inhabited there is a wealth of information on their history and archaeology. The stories are fascinating and often told with a wry humour which makes them very readable. The book is illustrated throughout with colour photographs and maps. The writing and photographs capture the very essence of the wild places described.
- Author BiographyDavid Walsh is a Dublin solicitor and Notary Public, living and working in Ranelagh with his wife Sheila. On a sailing/climbing trip to Spitsbergen in 1990 he saw sea kayaks glide between icebergs in a remote frozen Magdalena Fjord. He was blown away, and the next part of his life began immediately. He bought a sea kayak within weeks of getting home, and kayaking has consumed his life ever since. Islands became David's focus. He was a founder member of Irish Sea Kayaking Association and held the position of Chairman from 1995 to 2003, relinquishing the post only to see to the publication of the initial Oileain.
- Author(s)David Walsh
- PublisherPesda Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- SubjectWater Sports
- Place of PublicationBangor
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPesda Press
- Content Notecolour maps & photos
- Width170 mm
- Height240 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.