Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
- AU $18.97Trending at AU $22.14
About this product
- DescriptionA book of poems, set in Lincoln County, Oklahoma, that draws on family history and historical chronicles. This is a companion volume to North of Deep Fork: A Lincoln County Farm Family in Hard Times, 1891-1941. The price of the two books together comes to $18.91, which is also the year of the Land Run.
- Author BiographyWayne Pounds, author of four chapbooks of poetry and four decades of academic essays, teaches in Japan, where he has lived for twenty-five years. Like its companion volume, this book is born of family affection and intends to preserve ancestral memories, the stories of the people the author grew up among. Stories, he states, give us a world and a way of understanding the world. The stories I heard lengthened my memory, stretching it back and stitching it seamlessly into the past so that I could never find where my earliest first-hand memories ended and my second-hand recollection of what I had heard began. Here was the first impulse to record family history, and the source of the desire to preserve some of these stories for future generations whose parents, their memories curtailed by television, would have fewer to tell.
- Author(s)Wayne Pounds
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.