Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionIn the ancient world the practical sciences of ethics, politics and ecomics formed a familiar triad. Since then, however, the field of practical philosophy within academic philosophy as a whole has put the emphasis on ethical issues, with politics and ecomics generally receding into the background. This volume gives an account of the ecomics of antiquity and their relationship to politics and ethics as a topoi of practical ancient philosophy and examines this philosophical discipline in terms of contemporary issues, for instance with reference to state revenue, entrepreneurship and conceptions of humanity.
- Author BiographyPeter Seele, Universitat Lugano, Schweiz.
- PublisherWalter de Gruyter
- Date of Publication17/11/2011
- SubjectAncient History
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter
- Weight375 g
- Edited byPeter Seele
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.