All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionRivers and river plains are elements of the landscape where the presence of man throughout history is the most visible. It is, therefore, evident that the plains and deltas of rivers are excellent meeting grounds for a confrontation and for multidisciplinary collaboration between history and ecology. On 22-24 September 2006 an international colloquium was organised in Gent (Belgium), which stimulated looking at landscape evolution from the times of early human involvement in nature to much more recent historical developments. Its aim was also to further strengthen the mutual interests of both Geography and Archaeology. The colloquium attracted the active participation of researchers from some 30 countries, bringing more than 70 presentations and case studies. The geographical variety and methodological diversity of the papers and posters presented in Gent was a guarantee for a broad approach to the evolution of humanized river landscapes and for meaningful multi-disciplinarity and synergy. With the present publication of the proceedings of the Gent meeting the organizers are pleased to be able to contribute to the debate on the role of man in a river plain environment through time, within a wide array of geographic and cultural environments in Europe and beyond.
- Author BiographyMORGAN DE DAPPER is Professor of Physical Geography at the Department of Geography of Ghent University. FRANK VERMEULEN is Professor of Roman Archeology and Archeology Methodology at Ghent University. SARAH DEPREZ is a PhD Fellow of the Research Foundation (Flanders) and conducts her research at the Geography Department of Ghent University. DEVI TAELMAN received his PhD in Archeology at the Department of Archaeology at Ghent University in 2012.
- Author(s)Devi Taelman,Frank Vermeulen,Morgan De Dapper,Sarah Deprez
- PublisherAcademia Press
- Date of Publication15/09/2009
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- ImprintAcademia Press
- Weight2563 g
- Width210 mm
- Height295 mm
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.31New
- AU $24.97New
- AU $20.06New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.93New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $20.04New
- AU $32.19New
- AU $21.90New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $16.52Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $21.50Trending at AU $23.92
- AU $78.33Trending at AU $90.91
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.56
- AU $21.35Trending at AU $22.76
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $43.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.