Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $23.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCharles McCarry is considered by many to be the master of American spy fiction, brilliantly staking his claim with such international bestsellers as The Tears of Autumn and The Miernik Dossier. A spy writer's spy writer, he has been lauded extravagantly by his peers. George V. Higgins wrote, Charles McCarry is the Lord's best combination of spellbinding storyteller and silken prose writer. Intelligent and enthralling, said Eric Ambler, and Jeffrey Archer praised writing that makes one put the book down and gasp. In his magnificent new vel, with rights sold in six countries before publication, McCarry returns to the world of his legendary character, Paul Christopher, the crack intelligence agent who is as skilled at choosing a fine wine as he is at tradecraft, at once elegant and dangerous, sophisticated and rough-and-ready. As the vel begins, Paul Christopher, aging but remarkably fit, is dining with his cousin Horace, also an ex-agent. Dinner is delicious and uneventful. A day later, Paul has vanished. The months pass; peculiarly, Paul's ashes are delivered by a Chinese official to the American consulate in Beijing, and a memorial service is held in Washington. But Horace is t convinced that Paul is dead and, enlisting the support of four other retired colleagues--a sort of all-star backfield of the old Outfit--Horace gets the Old Boys back in the game, to find Paul Christopher. They start with a photo found in Paul's study: a woman's hand holding a centuries' old scroll, once in the possession of the Nazis and w sought by the United States government and Muslim extremists alike. Harassed by American intelligence, hunted by terrorists, Horace Christopher and the OldBoys travel the globe, from Xinjiang to Brazil, from Rome to Tel Aviv, Budapest to Moscow, in search of Paul and the unspeakably dangerous truth.
- Author BiographyCharles McCarry served under deep cover as a CIA operations officer in Europe, Asia, and Africa. He is the author of nine critically acclaimed novels, as well as numerous works of non-fiction incuding Citizen Nader. He currently splits his time between Florida and the Berkshires.
- Author(s)Charles McCarry
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight885 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine44 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $71.91New
- AU $29.41New
- AU $16.40New
- AU $12.81Used
- AU $79.40New
- AU $18.71New
- AU $113.12New
- AU $22.40New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $26.95Trending at AU $30.83
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $29.41
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $79.40
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.71
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $21.47
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $92.43
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $14.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.