Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $24.23+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1915, Old Calabria is a comprehensive and exciting account of adventure travel. Captivated by the pagan quality of the mezzogior, Norman Douglas plunged into Calabria, the southernmost and most backward part of Italy (a province that was still largely devoid of any form of modern amenity). He endured extremes of climate, scaled mountains, rode in carriages driven by villaius coachmen, and traversed remote stretches of country where murderous groups of banditti were kwn to roam. As Jon Manchip White points out in his introduction, it makes good reading, but it must have constituted a protracted and frightening ordeal--frightening, that is, to anyone except someone like Douglas, possessed of a more than rmal share of guts and fortitude.
- Author BiographyGeorge Norman Douglas (8 December 1868 7 February 1952) was a British writer, now best known for his 1917 novel South Wind.
- Author(s)Norman Douglas
- PublisherMarlboro Press,The,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/12/1996
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationMarlboro
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMarlboro Press,The,U.S.
- Weight367 g
- Width134 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best Selling in Textbooks
- AU $22.95New
- AU $77.48New
- AU $36.45New
- AU $30.03New
- AU $78.48New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.52Trending at AU $64.59
- AU $21.89Trending at AU $23.06
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $70.00Trending at AU $88.31
- AU $84.90Trending at AU $87.71
- AU $75.90Trending at AU $82.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.