All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMost say there are dragons - but this has never stopped poets, artists, story-tellers and musicians from exploiting the fascination these mythical beasts exert on the human imagination. Jacqueline Simpson gathers and examines the material to be found in folk tales in England, Scotland and Wales, together with folk customs using the dragon. In addition there is a brief general history of dragons. This book brings together the various mythic forms of the dragon as treasure guardian, voracious beast to be killed, the luck-giving snake and many others. All of these are drawn from the rich dragon folklore tradition of Britain including the Dragon of Wantley, the Lambton Worm and the Muckle Mester Stoor Worm. A full appendix and a gazetteer of places with dragon legends and a full listing of dates relevant to British dragon lore accompany this revised edition. This unique and remarkable work is an invaluable handbook for the dragon-lover.
- Author(s)John Griffiths
- PublisherStenlake Publishing
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationAyrshire
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintStenlake Publishing
- Content NoteB & W Photographs
- Width209 mm
- Height174 mm
- Spine4 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.69Trending at AU $111.60
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.97Trending at AU $53.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.