All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis issue of Museum Studies focuses on the Art Institute of Chicago's impressive collection of Old Master paintings, works on paper, textiles, tapestries, and sculptures. With an introduction by Larry J. Feinberg on the growth and evolution of the museum's Old Master collection, the book includes five fascinating and richly illustrated essays written by museum curators and scholars. They examine recent acquisitions and present new discoveries and scholarship on a range of works----including a recently rediscovered Nativity by Fra Bartolommeo; a late-15th-century Hispa-Flemish sculpture of Saint Michael and the Devil; a series of reattributed drawings by 17th-century artists such as Guido Reni and Guerci; a pair of early-18th-century tapestries designed by the French artist Charles LeBrun; and a stunning group of works by Charles-Antoine Coypel, Jean-Baptiste Perronneau, and Maurice Quentin de La Tour, the preeminent pastellists of 18th-century France.
- Author BiographyLarry J. Feinberg is Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Curator of European Painting at the Art Institute of Chicago.
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2006
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Series TitleMuseum Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number32
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note40 black-&-white + 45 colour illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width215 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byLarry J. Feinberg
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.