All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $47.84Trending at AU $48.79
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $40.62
- AU $30.41Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.73Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $26.56Trending at AU $29.34
About this product
- DescriptionWhoever has tried to understand the experience of African Americans in the United States is well aware of its controversial nature. Highly regarded scholars often differ markedly in their interpretations of empirical findings. For many years, for example, the views of Melville J. Herskovits and E. Franklin Frazier about the extent of African influence on American Negro life were hotly debated. More recent controversies include among others, the polemics over Stanley Elkins' interpretation of slavery, over the Moynihan Report, and over William Styron's The Confessions of Nat Turner, all dating from the late twentieth century.
- Author BiographyPeter I. Rose is Sophia Smith Professor Emeritus of Sociology and Anthropology at the Louise W. and Edmund J. Khan Liberal Arts Institute and a member of the Graduate Faculty of the University of Massachusetts. He has been a Fulbright Lecturer at the University of Leicester in England, at Kyoto University in Japan, and at the Flinders University in Australia.
- PublisherTransaction Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationSomerset
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date05/07/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight637 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byPeter I. Rose
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.