All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCats! Some are sane, some are mad and some are good and some are bad. Meet magical Mr Mistoffelees, sleepy Old Deuteromy and curious Rum Tum Tugger. But you'll be lucky to meet Macavity because Macavity's t there! In 1925 T.S. Eliot became co-director of Faber & Faber, who remain his publishers to this day. Throughout the 1930s he composed the w famous poems about Macavity, Old Deuteromy, Mr Mistoffelees and many other cats, under the name of 'Old Possum'. In 1981 Eliot's poems were set to music by Andrew Lloyd Webber as Cats which went on to become the longest-running Broadway musical in history. This charming new edition contains original colour illustrations by the award-winning illustrator of The Gruffalo, Axel Scheffler.
- Author BiographyThomas Stearns Eliot (1888-1965) was born in St Louis, Missouri, USA. He settled in England in 1915 and published his first book of poems in 1917. Eliot received the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1948. Axel Scheffler was born in 1957 in Hamburg, Germany. He has achieved worldwide acclaim for his children's book illustration and has created many bestsellers including the award-winning The Gruffalo. He lives in London.
- Author(s)T. S. Eliot
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication05/09/2013
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Series TitleFaber Children's Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width188 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Illustrator(s)Axel Scheffler
- Edition StatementMain
- Interest Agefrom 5 to 7
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.