All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt is a headline making story: the discovery of a previously unkwn Rembrandt. Rene Vachey, the icoclastic art dealer who claims to have uncovered it, wants to make a gift of it to the Seattle Art Museum, but curator Chris Norgren is wary. Vachey is torious in art circles for perpetrating scandalous shams; t for profit but for the sheer fun of embarrassing the elite and sbbish experts of the art establishment. And thanks to the web of strings attached to Vachey s donation (e.g., scientific testing permitted), even Rembrandt expert Chris is uncertain as to whether or t the painting is authentic.His doubts multiply when he goes to Dijon to examine it and finds himself in the middle of a host of controversies of which Vachey is the devilish focus. But there is doubt that the bullet soon found in Vachey s head is authentic. And there is telling how much time Chris has to find the truth about the masterpiece and the murder before he finds himself painted into a corner by a shrewd and villaius murderer.1993 Nero Award, given by the Nero Wolfe Society/the Wolfe Pack for literary excellence in the mystery genre.
- Author BiographyAaron Elkins is a former anthropologist and professor who has been writing mysteries and thrillers since 1982. His major continuing series features forensic anthropologist detective Gideon Oliver, the Skeleton Detective. There are fifteen published titles to date in the series. The Gideon Oliver books have been (roughly) translated into a major ABC TV series and have been selections of the Book of the Month Club, the Literary Guild, and the Readers Digest Condensed Mystery Series. His work has been published in a dozen languages.Mr. Elkins won the 1988 Edgar Award for best mystery of the year forOld Bones, the fourth book in the Gideon Oliver Series. He and his cowriter and wife, Charlotte, also won an Agatha Award, and he has also won a Nero Wolfe Award. Mr. Elkins lives on Washington s Olympic Peninsula with Charlotte.
- Author(s)Aaron Elkins
- PublisherOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Date of Publication08/07/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleChris Norgren Mysteries
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media Mystery & Thri
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $55.12Trending at AU $56.46
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $16.77
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.14
- AU $12.11Trending at AU $19.07
- AU $59.86Trending at AU $63.64
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $20.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.