All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe prophets of the Old Testament include such well-kwn characters as Isaiah, Jeremiah, Amos, and Hosea. There are, however, many other prophets, both in the biblical books that bear their names and in the other histories and stories of ancient Israel. Carolyn Sharp offers a brief introduction to each of the Bible's prophets and their prophetic books, developing the theological themes present in each with an eye toward how the prophetic message is relevant today. The For Today series was designed to provide reliable and accessible resources for the study and real life application of important biblical texts, theological documents, and Christian practices. The emphasis of the series is t only on the realization and appreciation of what these subjects have meant in the past, but also on their value in the present-- for today. Thought-provoking questions are included at the end of each chapter, making the books ideal for personal study and group use.
- Author BiographyCarolyn J. Sharp is Professor of Hebrew Scriptures at Yale Divinity School in New Haven, Connecticut. She is the author of many books, including Prophecy and Ideology in Jeremiah, Old Testament Prophets for Today, and Irony and Meaning in the Hebrew Bible.
- Author(s)Carolyn J. Sharp
- PublisherWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication13/03/2009
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleFor Today
- Place of PublicationLouisville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestminster/John Knox Press,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight165 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.