Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionWhat stories are women telling about themselves? What are the narratives that shape women's fantasy lives and experiences? How can women use the existing media of film, performance and autobiography to tell their own stories, their own lives, their own fantasies? Offering answers to these questions, this book considers how, and under what conditions, women might become the makers and t simply the bearers of meaning; how, in other words, women can tell instead of being told. In addition to discussing recent women's films such as The Ballad of Little Jo , The Pia and Dogfight , the book also examines the changes occurring in traditional women's genres such as romances and melodrama, and moves on to explore the phemen of women authors and performers who cross-dress - women, that is, who are moving into male genres and staking out territory declared off-limits t only by men, but also by many feminists.
- Author(s)Tania Modleski
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1999
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteindexes
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.