All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBritish gundogs, terriers, hounds and especially sheepdogs are used and held in high regard wherever working dogs are employed, and Border Collie stock from Britain is to be found wherever sheep are worked by 'strong-eyed' dogs. Inevitably, however, some old breeds have disappeared and, regrettably, many more may follow. In this book David Hancock describes the working dogs of Britain down the ages, the extinct and the extant, uncovering the development of the various modern breeds and highlighting the changes which have taken place in their appearance.
- Author BiographyDavid Hancock has been interested in working dogs all his life. His career in the regular army brought him into contact with service dogs and enabled him to study working dogs in many countries. He has written three other books on dogs, Dogs as Companions, The Heritage of the Dog and The Bullmastiff A Breeders' Guide, and he contributes regularly to Dogs Monthly an other magazines. He judges working terriers and working tests for gundogs.
- Author(s)David Hancock
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication21/02/1998
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 123
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content Note1 col
- Weight82 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine3 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.51Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.