All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn OLD WORLD WITCHCRAFT, ted author, Raven Grimassi, covers totally new territory from his work and from the world of popular books published in the last few decades. This book is actually about an enchanted worldview, one that has t necessarily been inherited from the beliefs and practices of any particular region and one which is available to us today. The Old World in the title is actually about a magical view of the Plant Kingdom and the spirits attached to it. While Grimassi's previous books discuss the cultural expressions and commonality of witchcraft beliefs and practices in general, this book penetrates much deeper. OLD WORLD WITCHCRAFT reveals rarely discussed topics such as the concept of Shadow as the organic memory of the earth. Readers will learn rooted techniques that possess power because these ways have always been connected to it. They will learn methods of interfacing with the ancestral current and with the organic memory of the earth. Through these they can connect with the timeless arts and learn methods of empowerment directly from the ancient source. Totally new information about familiar tools is presented. For example, the mortar and pestle is a tool for spell casting, a device that creates interfacing with plant spirits and with shadow and a focal point for veneration of the Plant Kingdom. Grimassi, also, presents the art of using plant ashes for magical sigil work. This book is for people who have had their fill of books that say the same things over and over, who want to take the next step and who are eager for the more rooted ways that have remained largely hidden.
- Author BiographyRaven Grimassi is a Neo-Pagan scholar and award-winning author of over twelve books on Witchcraft, Wicca and Neo-Paganism including Italian Witchcraft. He is a member of the American Folk Lore Society and is co-founder and co-director of the Crossroads Fellowship, a modern Mystery School tradition.
- Author(s)Raven Grimassi
- PublisherRed Wheel/Weiser
- Date of Publication17/10/2011
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Place of PublicationMaine
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Wheel/Weiser
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight550 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine25 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.