All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe subject of how best to address the current and future health needs of older adult residents in this country's urban marginalized communities is one that has also received considerable attention in academic, policy, and practice arenas in the past decade. A variety of models have been put forth to achieve the goal of health in these communities but one of the most promising recommendations has been the use of health promotion as a vehicle for reaching and empowering communities of color in both rural and urban America. Older adult-led interventions, as addressed in various sections of this book, is one of the latest and most promising approaches towards health promotion that is grass-roots and community participatory based. Older adult-led health promotion represents an emerging field with tremendous implications for addressing the health needs of marginalized urban older adults in the United States and international.
- Author BiographyMelvin Delgado is professor of social work and chair of macro practice at Boston University.
- Author(s)Melvin Delgado
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication28/10/2008
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight558 g
- Width161 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.