All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOliver's baby sister won't stop crying. Oliver gets in his plane and travels to distant lands to get away from the ise. But wherever he goes, there are babies crying. Oliver wonders if back home HIS sister might need him so he flies back to cuddle her to sleep! A new story from a talented prize-winning author/illustrator team praised for their rhythmic imaginative texts and gloriously detailed illustrations.
- Author BiographyMara Bergman (Author) Mara Bergman is an award-winning poet and children's writer. She grew up on Long Island, NY, and always knew she wanted to write. Her poetry has been published widely in magazines and anthologies in the UK and abroad. Her short collection, The Tailor's Three Sons and Other New York Poems, won the 2014 Mslexia Poetry Pamphlet Competition and was published in 2015 by Seren. Mara has always felt a strong link between poetry and picture books and began to write for children when her own were young. She has published more than twenty books, including Snip Snap! (reissued as Snip Snap Alligator!), illustrated by Nick Maland, which won the Stockport Children's Book Award and, in the US, a Parents' Choice Award and the Society of Illustrators' Silver medal. In 2009 she won the Booktrust Early Years Prize for Oliver Who Travelled Far and Wide, also illustrated by Nick Maland. Mara works in London as a children's fiction editor and lives in Kent. Visit her at www.marabergman.com Nick Maland (Illustrator) Nick Maland graduated in English and Drama from London University in 1981. He pursued a career in the theatre, acting and directing in the London fringe, and, during this time, developed an interest in drawing, which soon took over as a full-time occupation. He has worked as an editorial illustrator for the TES, The Times, The Observer, The Guardian and The Independent amongst others. He was shortlisted for the Mother Goose Award in 1996 (for Welcome Night) and the Children's Book Award in 1998 (for Brave Whale). Further prestigious wins include the V&A illustration award in 2003 (You've Got Dragons) and the Silver Medal in Society of Illustrators Original Art 2005 Exhibition as well as the Stockport Children's Book Award (for Snip Snap). Oliver Who Travelled Far and Wide won the Booktrust Early Years Award. He has a daughter and a son and lives between London and France.
- Author(s)Mara Bergman
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Series TitleOliver
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Children's Books
- Content NoteFull colour throughout
- Weight210 g
- Width227 mm
- Height290 mm
- Spine3 mm
- Illustrator(s)Nick Maland
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 1
Best-selling in Children's Picture Books
Save on Children's Picture Books
- AU $25.20Trending at AU $29.67
- AU $10.36Trending at AU $12.39
- AU $10.07Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $15.18Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $12.81Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $10.99Trending at AU $12.95
- AU $8.50Trending at AU $14.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.